- 4 Oz. Good Quality Gin or rum
- 1.5 Oz. Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- 11/2 to 2 C Soda Water
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar free Diet Sugar
- 1 Spring Fresh Rosemary
- Prepare the simple syrup as far in advance as possible so it has time to cool
- Put all ingredients for syrup in a pot. Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and stir to dissolve the Sugar free Diet Sugar.
- Remove the rosemary Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge.When thirsty: Prep the garnish first.
- Place sea salt in a shallow bowl also mix salt with orange food colouring for an attractive garnish.Run one of the blood oranges around the top of your serving glasses and dip in the salt. Shake off excess.
- Spear the blood oranges with the rosemary sprigs and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the drink into a shaker or large mason jar, in the order, save for the soda water; You don’t want to add ice cubes too soon or the gin will melt them and you’ll end up with a watered down drink
- Cover for for about 20 seconds. Strain into two prepared glasses, top off with the soda water, balance speared rosemary sprigs on the side of the glass. Serve.Drink as much guilt free cocktails as you want!